Pages

Monday, January 7, 2008

Chitvan

From: "P. C. Benson - Buzzard" pbenson_rsa@yahoo.com
To: "Sharad Vats" info@chitvan.com
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2007 3:20 PM
Subject: Chitvan

Dear Sharad,
It was great getting back to Kanha National Park after an absence of two years. Kanha is always a wonderful experience and my visit this past April certainly lived up to my many memories. It was also exciting to see your new development Chitvan. As you know I have stayed at a wide variety of establishments, at various parks and elsewhere in northern India, so I am always a bit cautious when going to a new place. Well, I needn't have been cautious in the case of Chitvan. Your usual high standard of service, combined with the location and the beautiful design and layout of your buildings makes for a fantastic atmosphere. Your vision of combining the jungle with the local cultural heritage is unique and works well, providing your guests with a beautiful educational experience, while creating job opportunities for the surrounding community. I so enjoyed the meals at Chitvan, and the interaction with your staff. One of my complaints at most jungle camps is that the food is generally bland and not really representative of the local cuisine. Our interaction with your cook and his helpers was superb and the meals they prepared were of a very high standard. To be able to get real Indian food is a real plus. Please give your staff my warm regards. Their friendly attentiveness was always welcome and they always made us feel like family. Good luck with your development of Chitvan, I look forward to my next visit.Sincerely,Pat Benson

No comments: